Choosing an ‘easy-t0-remember’ domain name is an important real estate marketing idea. After all – your clients will be using it to find their way to your website. In fact, your domain is an important part of brand marketing.
Domain names are the part of your web address that comes between ‘http://’ and the suffix that you choose, whatever it may be: ‘.com’, ‘.biz’, ‘.net’, ‘.org’, etc.
Whether you are starting a new business, or marketing an existing business, chances are you’ve been giving a lot of thought to the brand marketing for the company. These days everybody is talking about the importance of ‘branding’ and choosing the right domain name is part of that process.
If you choose the wrong domain name you may not be able to effectively attract new clients to your website.
When deciding on a website domain name consider the following:
- Is there a significant amount of search demand for the keywords you are going to use in branding your website? Today, in order to be successful at brand marketing you need to choose a domain name based on dynamic keyword – keywords that have significant search demand, and minimal competition.
- Is your chosen domain name relevant to the proposed branding of your website? Whatever name you choose, it needs to also relate to the name of your website and your site concept. In other words…say you chose the domain – ‘housesforsaleintracyca.com’, then the title of your website would be Houses for Sale in Tracy California, and your website would be all about houses for sale in Tracy California.
- Is your chosen domain easy to remember…easy to spell? It is important to keep brand marketing in mind when choosing the right domain name, that if you decide to change the spelling in your domain name, for instance – ‘housez4saleintracy.com’ you will have to spend extra time branding that spelling, and your domain name will not get found when people search using keywords.
- Is your chosen domain name still available? Go to a site such as godaddy.com and type your website title into the domain search bar. Within seconds you will know whether it is available. Sometimes it is available, but for sale. Avoid this situation whenever possible – buying domains can be very expensive.
- Can you get your chosen domain name in the suffix – .com? When brand marketing, choosing the right domain remember that the majority of internet users will assume that a website ends in the suffix – .com, it is important to own the .com of your chosen domain. You do not want to lose traffic because everyone assumes that your website is sellinghouses.com, when it is really sellinghouses.net.
In the early stages of brand marketing, spend some time researching keywords and checking out your competition. Remember that choosing the right domain name is a critical step in the process of setting up a website and branding a company, and, an important real estate marketing idea.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article on Choosing an ‘easy-to-remember’ Domain. I would love to hear your comments, please add them below. BONUS! Would you like to learn more about how to grow your business with simple marketing ideas? Get instant access to a free Marketing Ideas video (a $47 value) by going to Free Training.