Everyone is curious about Search Engine Optimization – What is it? How does it work? And, how do I get my website to show up on the first page of Google?” Implement the following simple SEO techniques and slowly (but surely) you will see an increase of organic traffic to your website.
- http://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal – I use this Google Keyword tool for most of my research, after all it is Google and it is Free! What you are looking for are keywords with at least 1000 Global Monthly Demands, and less than 100,000 results when the the keyword is queried.
- http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com – This service is free for the first 20 keyword searches, it’s a great resource for keywords.
- http://alexa.com/siteinfo – Use alexa.com to research your competition’s keywords.
#2-Write Search Engine Friendly Content
- Use your keyword in the domain
- Carefully craft a website meta descriptive sentence using your main keyword
- Use your main keyword in the website title
- Use your main keyword in every article 2 x’s per 100 words
- Install your main keyword behind every picture in the Alt Tag and the Description
#3-Link Building Strategy
- Link to relevant content and sources
- Write interesting and relevant content that people will link to
- Invite people to comment
- Go find an interesting and relevant blog, comment on it providing a link
- Go find interesting forums, get involved in the discussions with a link back to your website
#4-Present website to Search Engines & Directories
- Go to http://www.20search.com/ and present your website to these search engines
- Submit to directories that offer free website submission- http://www.tipsntutorials.com/Top-Directories/
- Check out what search engines and directories your competition are listed with at http://alexa.com
#5-Add Subscriber Button with RSS feed
- Add the Subscriber button using a 3rd party email management system and a RSS feed
#6-Add Calls to Action on Every Page and/or Post
- “Thanks for taking the time to read this story on Planning for Success. I would love to hear your comments, please add them below. BONUS! Would you like to learn more about how to grow your business with simple marketing ideas? Get instant access to a free Marketing Ideas video (a $47 value) by going to http://goo.gl/q4YS7“
- “If this article was interesting and informative – feel free to leave a comment. And, as a BONUS I am offering no-cost training on an ongoing basis. Just subscribe and we will keep you posted on the upcoming training seminars. Go to Free Internet Training Webinars and take a look at what training webinars are coming up”
#7-Add Endorsement Logos
- Better Business Bureau
- Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Realtors NAR
- California Association of Realtors CAR
- Certifications: CDPE, GRI, SFR, CHS, ePro
- New content gets the attention of the Search Engines
- Posting new blogs on a regular basis gets the attention of Search Engines
- Using the same keywords in all of this new content gets more attention from the search engines.
- Add a video blog and people are more likely to spend time at your website.
- Publish the video to YouTube, and include a link to your website
- Videos humanize you, the website owner.
- Videos can establish your expertise.
- If you don’t like to write content, you can use video and add a 250 word summary, instead of writing content.
#10-Add Share Buttons
- Give your readers an instant opportunity to share your great content with their friends
- Gives readers lots of options to share your content
#11-Add “Join Us At…” icons (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Gives your readers the option of becoming your friend, follower or connection.
- Gives readers more of an insight of what you are all about – personally.
- If people follow you, they will get your message on their walls
#12-Add Testimonials, or Recommendations
- Creates a sense of trust in who you are and what you stand for
- Furthers your brand
- Personalizes who you are and what you have to offer
#13-Add an On-site Search Button
- Makes it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for
- Search by keyword
- Easy to add in the Widgets section
#14-Add an Email Capture System
- Get prospects email address in exchange for relevant information (written or video)
- Opportunity to establish trust at prospects email address
- Completely automated
#15-Add Free Offers
***Give more than you get; 10:1
- Free training
- Free how-to books
- Free webinars
- Invitations to free meet-ups
- Free trials
Thank you for taking the time to read through these simple tips, I hope you found them helpful. As a BONUS, just sign up for Members Only to take advantage of the free video training available there.