A couple of years ago I read an article – 22 Tweets-Per-Day the Optimum. Furthermore, the article goes on to say – “Users who tweet between 10 and 50 times per day have more followers on average than those that tweet more or less frequently. The “peak” of the curve below is at about 22 tweets per day.”
First let’s talk about what type social networking posts you should be sending out…
- Quotations, maybe you already have a book of quotations that you can use, or you can simply go to brainyquote.com, choose quotes by Topic or Author. Copy (Control-C) and Paste (Control-V) wherever you are listing your posts.
- Questions, you know the kind you ask everyday…Who is your favorite celebrity? What is your favorite holiday? If you could vacation anywhere in the world, money is no object, where would that be? …and so on.
- Links to your blog. Go to your blog and choose one of your Pages or Posts, click the title, and then highlight the URL in the browser bar and Copy (Control-C).
- Promote other content you find around the web that you think your friends, followers and connections may be interested in. If you are a real estate agent you might want to go to the Wall Street Journal, go to their Real Estate section and find an article that you think would be of benefit. Copy (Control-C) the URL, then Paste (Control-V) the link along with a short description at wherever you are going to list your Posts.
- Share pictures… nothing embarrassing, like a picture of your cat. Or, a picture of the function you are attending… a Chamber Meeting, a baseball game, an office meeting, etc. If you are sharing this on Twitter, you will have to save the picture at a third party service…like TwitPic, Flickr, or Picasa.
- Share videos, either videos you created, or videos you found on YouTube.
Here are samples of social networking posts that can be automated and syndicated
- What is the difference between sales commitment and motivation? – http://goo.gl/OU4KY
- Tracking your email campaigns performance is a good marketing idea. – http://goo.gl/zk53PBe a yardstick of quality.
- Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.~Steve Jobs
- Business would be easier if your Servers were faster!
- Are you ready for 2013? Have you got your internet marketing strategies in place? Free Webinar Tuesday @ 11am PDT – http://goo.gl/48NVD
- For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.~Steve Jobs
- Recently, what made you laugh til you cried?
- 43 Do-it-yourself marketing ideas to start today – http://goo.gl/abpFx
- Building a better brand using Guerrilla marketing tactics! – http://goo.gl/9mwN7
- I get asked a lot why Apple’s customers are so loyal. It’s not because they belong to the Church of Mac! That’s ridiculous.~Steve Jobs
Automate & Syndicate with Hootsuite
Start with the free tool-hootsuite.com. The free version of hootsuite allows you to add 5 social networking sites including; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WordPress, Myspace, Foresquare, and Mixi.
- Type hootsuite.com in the the browser bar. Click the Sign Up now, choose the Free version and then fill in the blanks and submit.
- Now, sign in and click on Secure Login
- In the next screen, click on Add a Social Network.
- Add Facebook (profile, pages & groups), LinkedIn and Twitter
- Go to your list of posts, highlight and copy your post, then paste in the Compose Message box.
- Click on the icons that you want this message sent out to, then click on the middle icon that says 30 (this is your calendar).
- Set the day and time you want your message to go out…then click on Schedule.
- When you click on the social networking tab, at the top of the dashboard, and note that all the way over to the right you will find your Pending Posts that are scheduled.
- Also in that same screen you can interact with some of your social networking sites. For instance, click on the Twitter tab…you can see and respond to Twitter posts, Mentions and Direct Messages. In the Facebook section you can ‘comment, like & share’ posts written by your friends.
For about $10 per month at Hootsuite, you can ‘Schedule in Bulk’ and add as many social networking site as needed. Hootsuite will also send you social networking weekly account activity. You can try it for a few days for free. Just click on the icon above.